The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for identifying and implementing mechanical and/or mechatronic solutions that enable Bond3D’s printing process. The Mechanical Engineer ensures the correct mechanical definition of all machine components. He/she can define technical specifications and effectively document these in drawings, work instructions, and/or other documentation. Since this is a multidisciplinary effort, the Mechanical Engineer communicates with other Engineers in the Hardware team and with other teams – such as the Process or Software teams – when necessary to achieve this goal.
- Understands the mechanical needs of component, module, and system design;
- Creates mechanical solutions for machine or module improvements in a multidisciplinary team;
- Can define components and modules accurately;
- Develops solutions within cost targets for machine parts and modules;
- Ensures that components and modules are easy to produce and maintain;
- Coaches the hardware team members at a technical level, as well as other organization members where necessary;
- Documents results in an effective manner;Ensures clear communication within the project team and internally at Bond3D.
In this role, you will have many opportunities to develop further and you will work with a variety of technologies.